The PowerBook 5300c has a Floppy Disk Creator application, which allows me to recreate the system software installation disk set on 26 floppy disks. I don't have that many spare floppy disks.
TODO: Get from Apple System Profiler, or that TechTool application the previous owner had installed
- The right hinge was damaged while in the seller's possession. When opening or closing the display, be slow, and physically hold the right hinge together.
- To boot from the Mac OS 8.0 floppy version disks, first format the drive using the Disk Tools 2 disk instead of the Disk Tools 1 disk.
- When the computer is plugged in but off, a noise similar to a modern laptop fan can be heard from the internal speaker.
- 2021-12-16: The computer arrives at my apartment from an eBay seller. The 3.5" floppy disk drive is impacted in the front left corner on the top. Disks must be inserted with great force at an odd angle. The disk drive tries to push out any disks that are inserted. When a disk is inserted, the drive doesn't click and secure the disk, and no reading happens.
- 2021-12-22: 📈 The 3.5" floppy disk drive is replaced with a working one.
- 2023-07-20: The computer is temporarily transported back to my parents' place.
- 2023-09-18: The computer is transported to the new home.